Monday, January 17, 2011

Bargainistas: the women who look chic at half the price

I used to have awful fashion sense. Growing up I wore tracksuit bottoms, football shirts and slicked-back hair. Then I went to university and discovered fashion. My greatest moment was finding eBay - I realised I could get designer pieces on the cheap. Within months I'd frittered away my student loan. One of my first buys was a pair of Gina heels. I ended up buying six pairs. Every free hour I had was spent on the site searching for luxury bargains. When my career kicked off in the showbusiness world I knew I wanted to fit in but still stand out. I didn't have the money to walk into Harrods and kit myself out in fancy labels, so I upped my game in the search for online discounts. Now I'm registered with countless sites. On secretsales.com I can often get up to 80 per cent off Chloé , Christian Dior and Dolce & Gabbana . replica-hermes.co is amazing - I found a beautiful pair of Miu Miu heels for £120, but you need to act fast before the sizes go. replica-hermes.co is also great. It's your go-to site before you hit the shops, letting you in on any new sales or offers everywhere from Matches to Browns. Plus, if there's a specific item you like you can tag it and Lynku will alert you when it goes on sale. Amazing! I love replica-hermes.co. I'd been eyeing up a beautiful Jonathan Saunders maxidress on asos.com when up popped an email from the Outnet announcing the sale of that exact dress. The original price was more than £300 and I bought it for just £62.55. I also found a gorgeous pair of Alexander McQueen sandals for £90 and two pairs of Louboutins. One for £60; the other £120. I now own more than 250 pairs of shoes, many of which are designer. None, however, were bought at full price. I adore my red Alexander McQueen heels that I bought for £100 on eBay, along with my Chanel pumps, Biba platforms and shoes by Dolce & Gabbana, Zandra Rhodes and Jimmy Choo. I have four wardrobes full of clothes but I genuinely feel as if I've worked for every item I own. When I met my favourite designer, Vivienne Westwood (I have three of her bags, one I bought for just £100), she actually said I had a really great sense of style. That alone made my fashion addiction completely and utterly worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment