Friday, October 15, 2010

Consignment store opens on Linden Avenue

"The shop is called Second Act II for the fact that I previously had the Second Act before closing five years ago, and I am hoping that the same people who used to come before and were happy shopping with me would associate the name and come see what I have again," owner Diana Lang said. The shop recently opened, carrying clothes for children, men, women, infants and special sizes. The store also has accessories such as purses and jewelry. Handbags have been a hot seller, Lang said, with many designer handbags lining her shelves and racks. The inventory at the Second Act II shifts constantly and is sold on consignment. "I'm picky about what I take. Everything must be clean with no spots, current style, pressed and on hangers. I'm very choosy about what I take, but you want that," Lang said. "There are no bins to have to rummage through. I look for quality things. Certainly name-brand things are nice, but that doesn't mean I won't take quality items from less-known labels. I've had a very nice response so far." Lang said that she relied on help from her family to get the shop ready to open. "There is a need for a store like mine, especially in this economy," she said. "It works out well for the buyer who comes in and finds a name-brand shirt that would be $40 and a trip to Columbus to find for maybe $10. It works out for the person who consigns it, too, because they receive 50 percent of the selling price. It's a win-win. It's a business that I enjoy." Lang said that seeing her former customers coming in has been a good sign for the new venture. She said although there are other local consignment clothing stores, there is room for the Second Act II. "What I don't carry, there will be another one that does and vice versa," she said. "I send people to others when there's a need, and I hope that the others will know to do that, too. We are all going to have something different." The Second Act II accepts clean, pressed and on-hanger consignments. Hangers will be returned to those bringing in their items to sell. There is no need for an appointment, Lang said, but, "People might want to call 297-8725 and make sure I'm not backed up on things. I am trying to keep up on things because the sooner I can get things out for sale, the faster they go." The Second Act II is open from 10 to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and closed on Sundays. Holidays will vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment