Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Handbags at dawn as girls do battle in Apprentice final

This year's Apprentice final promises to be a cat fight as the last two women standing battle to be Bill's newest employee. Feisty businesswomen Michelle Massey (28) and Niamh McDonald (23) survived the grilling in the interview stage and will face each other in the last task next week. The final four were forced to re-examine their past -- Michelle's interview for Playboy TV, Panos being bullied in the Greek army, Will's parents' illness and Niamh's "bland" history. But it was the girls who impressed the most. The boys booted off the business reality show last night said that they have no designs on staying in the media world. Will McCreevey (22) said that despite reports, he will not go into male modelling. "I didn't enter Ireland's Next Top Model. I am a businessman and that's where I'll stay," he said. "There's not a chance I would do modelling. I have a tough skin -- but I've realised that the whole media side of it is not my thing. "I was in there for Bill's job -- I wasn't in there to do it for the modelling." Will said that he's just getting used to female attention when out and about, but is currently seeing someone. "It's early days, but I've been seeing them for the last month," he said. Will has started up a new business venture with two other business acquaintances -- www.hiremiddleman.com. "I want to be able to step in when a business is folding and get it back on the right road," he said. camp "We will offer six services -- debt mediation, business consultancy, property sourcing, vehicle sourcing, event management and I'm going to set up a sales camp -- teaching people all of my skills that I've learned from The Apprentice." And before the venture takes off, Will has signed up with celebrity agency Red Carpet to do media appearances. Panos Zambataki (30) said that his friends and family learned for the first time that he was bullied while on military service in the army. "Nobody knew about it at all," he said. "I don't know how they knew to ask me in the interview. That's why I broke down -- they kept pushing me." Panos, originally from Greece, said that his parents watch The Apprentice on YouTube, but because their English is not very good, his brothers translate the show for them. "At the beginning he was disappointed that I was being portrayed as just a messer," he said. "But I did say what I said -- I wasn't portrayed too badly." Panos's said that his partner Pat has been incredibly supportive of him during his time in the show, as were his employees at Google. And within the past week, he has been promoted in his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment