Friday, March 4, 2011

Jourdan Dunn: the model interview

Jourdan Dunn, 20, was scouted in Primark in Hammersmith, west London, by Storm Model Management at the age of 15 and was introduced to modelling through work experience at the agency. In 2008 she shot to fame on the Prada autumn/winter catwalk, becoming the first black model to walk for the fashion house in 13 years. That year she also made the cover of the historic 'black issue' of Italian Vogue, shot by Steven Meisel. She regularly appears in American and British Vogue, i-D and V, and has done campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, Tommy Hilfiger and Burberry this season. Dunn took a break from modelling when she had her son, Riley, one. She has two homes, one in Manhattan and one in London, where her family lives. She hopes to buy a house in Chiswick by the end of this year. Here she reveals a few of her favourite things: Designers I don't have a favourite designer because I feel every designer offers something different and special, but I do really like Alexander Wang, Burberry, Stella McCartney and Balmain. I have a beautiful purple Zac Posen maxi dress, which I'm dying to wear. I'm saving it for a special occasion. Memorable outfit I wore a black, yellow and green Punkyfish blazer with tight black jeans and bright-yellow thigh-high Converse to a Teen Vogue casting and got the job. My agency thought I looked crazy - looking back now, I can see where they were coming from. High heels I don't wear heels. I'm all about flats from Chanel, and wedges. I love my Gucci wedge boots. Bags During the day I usually carry my Mulberry Bayswater bag or my black Dior bag. Denim My favourite jeans brand is J Brand. If you could shop in only one store I would choose Selfridges because I love to mix high street with designer clothes, and Selfridges is the perfect place for both. Food I love anything to do with cooking, from watching the Food Network to reading recipe books by Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver and Levi Roots. My favourite types of cuisine are Asian and Caribbean, and I love cooking new recipes for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment