Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rihanna continued on about how fashion is one of her biggest thrills

Rihanna is Vogue's cover girl for their “shape issue,” and she discusses separating herself from everyone else as well as her always-evolving style.

MTV News reports that the singer explained, “When I was fourteen and first started going out, I always wanted to be the opposite of everyone else.”

Rihanna added, “So I would go to the club in a polo t-shirt and pants and sneakers and a hat on backward, just so I would not be dressed like other girls. And I got desperate for things that weren't available in Barbados. I would cut things out of magazines. I was obsessed with creating a visual with clothing, and the way things are combined."

She continued on about how fashion is one of her biggest thrills, telling Vogue, “It's become more about taking a risk. When I am putting looks together, I dare myself to make something work. I always look for the most interesting silhouette or something that's a little off, but I have to figure it out. I have to make it me. I think that's the thrill in fashion."

Rihanna even credited her hair for inspiring a change in her music. "When I cut my hair, the whole sound changed, my style changed,” she said.

Her body is another part of her image that she embraces. "Over the holidays, and even during filming, I realized that I actually like my body, even if it's not perfect according to the book. I just feel sexy. For the first time, I don't want to get rid of the curves. I just want to tone it up," she said. "My body is comfortable, and it's not unhealthy, so I'm going to rock with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment