Sunday, December 18, 2011

The dial is vertically brushed and done in a champagne color

Now that I have got that off my chest I can tell you that I quite like this new limited edition Corum watch. It doesn't matter to me that it is based on a vintage design, what I care about is that I really like the design. The Grand Precis (precious? precise?) is a 38.5mm wide watch available in 18k red or white gold. The classic looking case has a bit of pizzazz The lines are a nice mixture of straight angles and nice curves. I particularly like how the lugs angle inwards. The dial is a triumph of design goodness from days long past. You know what seals the deal for me? The cross-hairs, those totally make the dial. The dial is vertically brushed and done in a champagne color. The light texture is welcome and I love the bare bones subsidiary seconds dial. Hands are dauphine and not too short. They not only go with the dial nicely and offer excellent legibility, but fit with the theme nicely. Just a great design (from the past). Another element I really like is the movement. It is the Corum CO162 manually wound caliber. It isn't anything super special from a complication standpoint, but I love the design of the bridges. It is isn't exactly modern, but more 1960's futuristic - which is a nice departure from the same movement style and decoration we see all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment