Friday, February 18, 2011

Hillary talks handbags in Harper's

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is glamming it up for the new Harper's Bazaar with a revealing interview in which she dishes about everything from her fondness for Grey's Anatomy to how her mother keeps her updated on Dancing with the Stars. However, considering that Harper's is a fashion glossy, the conversation turned to sartorial matters. "I do love a good handbag," she explains. "I think no one should make fun of anyone else's handbag choices." "I have this Ferragamo hot-pink bag that I adore. My view was that I would carry it around only in spring, but it makes me so happy, I'm even now lugging it around in January. I mean, how can you be unhappy if you pick up a big pink bag?" As for that infamous butterfly clip she used to pull up her tousled hair at the UN General Assembly in New York last fall that caused an outburst of heckling in the fashion press, Clinton says her critics need to give her a break. "It was a Sunday," she says, "a day of rest! I had actually lost track of time, to be honest, and I'd gone swimming, and then I realized I had to get moving, and I didn't have time to do anything else, so I really just did the best I could." "I didn't think it looked that bad, but ... what do I know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment