Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christopher Ward C600 Tri-Tech Elite Diver Watch

Let me first say that I didn't expect to like this watch as much as I do. What won me over in the end was its incredible happiness to be a wrist companion. Always being easy to read, nice to touch, and comfortable to wear. My first reaction to the C600 line of diver watches from Christopher Ward (a UK based watch brand that specializes in selling its products direct online) was "well that is interesting." A sort of luke warm reaction that meant I recognized that the watch collection was different, but didn't give me that intense "tell me more!" sensation. The moderately sized watches in black came with a trio of dial choices and sat at the top of the Christopher Ward dive watch range. Christopher Ward got one of the C600 Tri-Tech Elite Diver watches to me and my tone changed after testing it out. This is really a classic diver watch with some interesting design cues that are actually more function oriented that style oriented. It reminds me of certain military vehicles that look a bit odd at first, until you appreciate why they look that way. Take for instance those planes with the large "mushroom" radars coming out of them. Or perhaps the A-10 "Warthog" Tank Killer plane. The ubiquitous air to ground offensive plane is a deadly force to be reckoned with but didn't get that "warthog" name from look like a bouquet of flowers. I don't intend to suggest the C600 is unattractive - far from it. But rather that its largely utility minded. Its composition and features are meant to suggest that it is capable of hard duty. The hands are almost whimsically large, and you don't often get that combination of lime green and black on a serious watch. Though the color differences are there for contrast, and you never (ever) lose sight of the hands when trying to read the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment